This week on the Kenn Blanchard Show, I have an interview I want to share with you from a new author I really like named Ray Keating. He wrote a book that I got a chance to do a book review for that was picked up in the Washington Times. I have the last three books in his series. The main character is now a Lutheran pastor whose former life as a Navy Seal and CIA operative pull him back into the mix from time to time. PastorStephenGrant.com, raykeatingonline.com
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
I am grateful for the opportunities that have come my way. I have been asked to pray for a few people in addition to those on my Starfish list. I was able to present a Gospel Message at a small congregation in Washington, DC, called Carron Baptist Church. There will be a video of the service you can watch here soon. They are like the church mentioned by John the Revelator; Philadelphia. It was a different kinda of Message. I felt the Lord’s presence inspiring me to just encourage them. I found out that they are looking for a pastor. [Oh Lord, pray for me]
I launched my signature cigar.
I caught the flu, had bronchitis, and survived. We celebrated my wife’s birthday with family and friends. I have a new design for a T-shirt sporting my mug and logo for Black Man With A Gun which is coming of age. This week I will have my 500th episode and scheduled to be on a new TV show called Colion Noir on this coming Thursday. I am also partnering with a industry marketing company to expand my brand. Three of the guys that have been rock steady with me are going to be my pro-staff members.
Blanchard Media Group is toiling along. I am helping the Womens Gun Show grow and producing their shows. It is fun to be a part of their success. I am creating a new blog and podcast in the new year called the Marlboro-Man.com that will tell stories and history of a little town in Maryland. I’ll be speaking in Podfest.us in February, somewhere in Orlando, FL. Not going to do SHOT Show but going to prep for it in 2018.
The Christmas tree is up, I threw some lights on the bushes outside and almost ready for the holidays.
I feel good about life right now. I am making a conscious decision to help my friends and all who ask or need it. I realized during my preaching that I don’t always say the right things but what matters most is how I make people feel.
You have to put love into what you do.
How to Build a Church
Lessons taken from 1 Kings 5
- A church is not a building
- We are the church-1 Corinthians 3:9 fellow workers; you are God’s field, God’s building.
- 2 Corinthians 5:1 For we know that if the earthly tent which is our house is torn down, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
- Matthew 7:24-27 “Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock.
- You build it as Hiram did with help, partner
- You build it with people
- You build it with relationships
- Ephesians 4:12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ;
- 1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build up one another, just as you also are doing.
- Only what you do for God will last
- The verse from 2 Corinthians 5:9-10 states, “So we make it our goal to please him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it. For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each of us may receive what is due us for the things done while in the body, whether good or bad.” The message behind this verse is that believers in Christ should focus on pleasing the Lord, realizing that there is no eternal value in the things of the world.
- Psalm 127:1 Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain.
Rev. Kenn Blanchard is a professional speaker, writer, podcaster, and digital influencer. Follow him on Twitter, Facebook He is the founder of Blanchard.Media and the GunPodcastNetwork.com
Matthew 16: 17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.