Do you remember Statler and Waldorf, the old guys in the balcony of the Muppets shows? I used to wonder why old men were sometimes grumpy. Now I know. I am learning some new things about old people. I am learning because now I am becoming one.
There are some good and bad things that come with age. Before you wish against it, let me caution you that the alternative is death. Live long and prosper.
Here are seven negatives that come with growing old.
1. Your vision starts to fail.
2. your hearing starts to fail
3. folks don’t value your experience
4. you are growing hair everywhere but the top of your head
5. driving is no fun anymore
6. you know what libido is because yours isn’t working like it use to
7. you got friends that are dead on facebook
And to leave you on a good note. Here are seven positive things that come with growing old.
1. Your secrets are safe with your friends because they can’t remember them either.
2. You sing along with elevator music.
3. You have a party and the neighbors don’t even realize it.
4. People call at 9 PM and ask, “Did I wake you?”
5. Things you buy now won’t wear out.
6. You can eat dinner at 4 P.M.
7. There is nothing left to learn the hard way.
Live your life, and forget your age. – Norman Vincent Peale
Rev. Kenn Blanchard is a professional speaker, writer, podcaster, and digital influencer. Follow him on Twitter, Facebook He is the force behind BlackManWithAGun.com, founder of Blanchard.Media and the SpeaklifeChurch.net Tags: jokes, muppets, old people, statler and waldorf